Speakers Announced for “Open Government Summit” March 15, 2023
Fritz Mulhauser | February 28, 2023
The D.C. Open Government Coalition and the Society of Professional Journalists-D.C. Professional Chapter invite you to the Open Government 2023 Summit.
When: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Where: Open Gov Hub, 1100 13th St. NW Ste. 800 (13th & L Streets) (McPherson Sq. Metro)
The 2023 Summit returns in person! All are invited to network with officials and advocates, discuss the state of open government in D.C., reflect on lessons learned from the past, how transparency has driven change, and how building an even broader coalition that fights for transparency can improve the daily lives of Washingtonians. As a new term of the D.C. Council kicks into gear, we will discuss opportunities for legislative action to strengthen open government legal protections.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Former Mayor Anthony Williams
- Norma Hutcheson, Chairwoman of the D.C. Board of Ethics and Government Accountability
- Niquelle Allen, Director of the D.C. Office of Open Government
- Ruth Wattenberg, former president of the D.C. Board of Education
- Kent Boese, Director of the Office of Advisory Neighborhood Commissions
- Charlotte Dreizen, formerly of Zero Waste DC
- Damon King, Policy Director of ACLU-DC
- Kathy Chiron, President of League of Women Voters DC
The annual Summit takes place during the national Sunshine Week—March 12-18, which celebrates the birthday of James Madison, considered the founding father of government transparency and one of the designers of the U.S. Constitution.
Please join us for light fare beginning at 6 p.m. Program begins at 6:30.
This event is free and open to the public, but registration is required via Eventbrite:
So we can prepare, please register by 11:59 p.m. Monday March 13.
For questions about the event or the D.C. Open Government Coalition, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.